Ahhh, another Friday is here at last. Huzzah! :-)
Hubby and I are planning another Tropical Night this evening. Looking forward to bumping up the heat, making some cool drinks, some fun food, and watching Lilo & Stitch. :-D
I actually had a special request to make this Friday's musical selections about motivation. Seems fair to me, especially since Friday is one of the hardest days to stay motivated! I don't know about you, but my mind is already living the weekend life...
Anywhoozles, here are a few songs that help keep me motivated!
1) Rodney Atkins - "If You're Going Through Hell" Yes, I know not everyone enjoys country, but the message in this song makes it motivational. When you're in that dark place and the world seems like it's out to get you, lift your head and keep going through. Stay positive and you'll make it!
2) Matthew Wilder - "Break My Stride" Terribly 80s and terribly wonderful. "Ain't nobody gonna hold me down, oh no, I got to keep on moving!"
3) Queen - "We Will Rock You" My driver's ed teacher in high school used Queen a lot in his classroom (most notably he'd play "Another One Bites The Dust" anytime someone dropped the class, but I digress). It doesn't matter if you're about to take a test, play the championship game, or just need to do some laundry, this song will pump you up!
4) Black Eyed Peas - "Let's Get It Started" Especially effective if you just need something with a good beat to get your day/night going. Maybe "motivational" is a bit of a stretch, but I can't help but include it.
5) R Kelly - "The World's Greatest" A bit ego-central, but motivational nonetheless. Just remember - YOU'RE the world's greatest! P.S. I don't normally admit that I listen to R Kelly, but I'll make an exception just this once. ;-)
And a few bonus songs:
6) Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive" OK, admit it. You've been known to belt this one out, haven't you? I have. This song may be best after a breakup, but really, anytime you need a lift, just remember that you will survive (hey, hey).
7) Timbuk 3 - "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades" The title says it all... I mean, if your future is that bright, wouldn't you be motivated to keep going?
8) Journey - "Don't Stop Believin'" Whether you're a small town girl or a city boy, this song encourages you to not stop believing. (Of course, there's always Glee if you're not a big Journey fan, but, I'm going with the classics.)
Have some more songs to add to my list? Got a beef with one I listed? Let me know in the Comments!