Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Sky Is NOT Blue

Well, it is.  But it isn't.  Really.  Apparently it's only blue because our brain associates the visible radiation with what we've been taught to call "blue" or "sky blue."  So our brain (not our eyes) sees it as blue.  Weird.

(Forgive me if you already know this and are thinking, "Wow, Erika...  Just catching on, are you?"  It was part of my meteorology reading last night and I thought it was cool.  So nah!)

Anywhoozles, sorry to disappoint, but we ended up not making ANY recipe on Friday night.  Instead, hubby made himself a steak and I got an asparagus and cheese stuffed chicken breast from the meat counter at Pick n Save that I heated up in the toaster oven.  We also grabbed a couple of rolls and had some drinks (mmmm... amaretto stone sour).  Nothing fancy, but still delicious.  :-)

Hubs made dinner last night, so tonight's my turn, I suppose.  I've got a couple chicken boobs thawing, so hopefully I can make something tasty out of them.  We'll see.

Oh, and if you feel like taking a break from the blah-ness of Tuesday, here's a fun quiz to take: Troy McClure Film or Actual Terrible Movie?  This quiz is probably more fun (or at least a bit easier) if you're a Simpsons fan, but even if you aren't, some of the actual terrible movies are still pretty... terrible.  
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment