Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You ARE Beautiful!

So I was browsing some blogs this morning and came across Operation Beautiful.

This. Is. Genius!

I have always been a fan of leaving notes for people to read (I once stuck a tiny note in my husband's wallet - took him a few days/weeks, but he found it!).  Emails are nice, and it's ALWAYS important to verbalize your feelings, and Hallmark makes some lovely cards...  But every once in awhile it's nice to leave a note.  Notes are something special that someone can take with them (or at least recall with a smile later on) that reminds them that they're special.  And whether you want to admit it or not, everyone needs to be reminded that they're important or good or loved in some way.

So when I read about Op Beautiful this morning, my heart about burst!  This is such an amazing concept!!

My new goal is to leave at least 50 Op Beautiful notes this year.  (Since I work and attend school from home, I don't go out much, but once a week should be reasonable, I think.)  Hopefully that will be 50 lives I can touch or 50 smiles I can make.  :-)   

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found OB!! Do you know that there is an OB book that came out last fall?

    Also, I've met Caitlin - the founder of OB - and she is awesome.

    Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real? That's awesome! It's such a simple idea, but totally amazing. :-) I might have to get the book!

    ReplyDelete