Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, Thursday

Hmmm, not as catchy as "Monday, Monday" I suppose.  No wonder there's no song about it.

Strange, but true: Today is actually National Cheese Lover's Day.  Now, if you're from Wisco like yours truly, every day is cheese lover's day.  But, it's nice to see the whole nation included in this affair we Sconnies celebrate on a daily basis.  Yay cheese!

On a non-cheese related note, this is also the date that Skeet Ulrich was born and Audrey Hepburn died (in 1970 and 1993 respectively).  Just a few "fun facts" about January 20th.

Moving on...  

Tomorrow, hubby and I plan on having a night in, which is one of my favorite things to do.  We're going to watch a movie ("What About Bob?" for those curious) and make dinner.  The problem is, we're stuck on what to make for dinner.  I found a few yummy-looking recipes, but I'm not sure what to attempt.  When the decision is made, I'll be sure to post.

Have to make it through today first, though.  Here goes nothing... 

For fun - what's your favorite cheese or cheese-related snack/meal/whatever?  I'd have to say cheese curds.  Squeaky, fried, I don't care.  I just love me some cheese curds!

2 comments:

  1. Random, very random thought: Last time I saw "What About Bob?" was at two am the day after I had my appendix out and the old lady in my hospital room was trying to leave her bed. She was kinda attached to said bed, it did not go well for her. Or me, as she kept me up all night. Besides "What About Bob?" the only other thing I watched as "Myth Busters." I think those were the only two things that were not infomercials at that hour of the night. Till the morning news came on.

    Moral of the story: hospitals are not good places to sleep. Homes are much better for that.

    Cheese: I like cheese. Even though I spent four years living most of my time in Wisconsin, I can't say I've had cheese curds. And in Alaska, cheese eating is an expensive habit. (Actually, all things in Alaska are expensive.) But, I like white cheddar cheese because it reminds me of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! The last time I saw it was when I was a kid. I'm actually watching it for a paper I have to write for psych, so it should be a new perspective on an old favorite for me. :-)

    Also - agreed. Home is MUCH better for sleeping. Hospital sleep sucks.

    White cheddar is a good one :-) Cheese curds are glorious and I can't believe you haven't had them. Next time you are in the Midwest, we'll have to change that!

    ReplyDelete