Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rodeos & Dead-Cat Swinging

There are so many phrases and words out there that go underused in my life.  For example, "You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one."  Or "It's not my first time at the rodeo."

In fact, I think I'm going to start making every effort to use some of these underrated phrases.  Even when it's not appropriate.  Kind of like, "How's it going, Erika?"  "Well, it's not my first time at the rodeo!"

In other news, I am approximately 95% over my cold.  Huzzah!  Well, at least 90%.  Maybe not quite 95%.  After I typed that out, I had a case of the sniffles, so... I don't want to jinx myself, you know?
Also, I am back in classes!  Yes, after a semester off, I'm back on the path to my BA.  And I've already learned something new: there is such a degree as Turfgrass Science.

No, I'm not making that up.  Seriously, I don't even think I could make that up.  It would be awesome if I had, but it's a real thing.  There are at least 5 people in my science class this semester who are working toward this degree.  At least 3 of them work at/run golf courses, so I guess I get it.  But, really?  I didn't know this was a thing.  Never heard it before.  Huh...

Here's to a new semester, full of turfgrass!  

No comments:

Post a Comment