Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh Happy (Fri)Day!

TGIF for sure, kids.  This is the first full week of work I've had in almost a month, so Friday feels EXTRA good right about now.

I think, though, that I'll need some good, up-beat music to get me through the day.  What do I recommend?
1) Bruno Mars - "Marry You"  If you haven't jumped on this bandwagon yet, do it now.  Doo-Wops & Hooligans is chock full of awesome songs (if you're in a more mellow mood, allow me to suggest "The Lazy Song").
2) Cee Lo Green - "F*ck You"  Even if you listen to the radio edited version ("Forget You"), it's still one of the catchiest songs ever.  This song never gets old!
3) VV Brown - "Shark In The Water"  Ok, not quite as upbeat as the first two, but still way too much fun to leave out.  The chorus is bound to get stuck in your head (I know it gets stuck in mine AND my hubby's) and you'll find yourself singing along despite your best efforts to ignore it.
4) Wang Chung - "Everybody Have Fun Tonight"  Classic.  Especially for a Friday.  I mean, I'm not sure what exactly I'm encouraging people to do when I sing, "Everybody Wang Chung tonight," but it's gotta be good, right?
5) Aqua - "Lollipop (Candyman)"  Nothing but poppy, fluffy, nothingness to this one, folks.  But listen to it and try not to bounce around a little.  Seriously.  It's really hard.  I suppose if you were in a really crappy mood or hated fun you could probably avoid it.  All others, beware.

Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend!

 

1 comment:

  1. I need to do a better job at coming out of my lurking habbits. I love these songs- I've never heard the "Shark in the Water" song, but that's going to change when I get home!

    ReplyDelete