I've got love in my tummy.
Well, okay, not really. Unless Banana Nut Cheerios count as love. Those things are so good.
I'm actually just psyched because Hubby is going to grill us some chicken for dinner tonight. Mmmmmm... Nothing like chicken thighs/drums marinated in some Sweet Baby Ray's. Now that, my friends, will put love in your tummy.
Food, while tasty, makes a somewhat strange topic for songs. It's hard to imagine a ballad about cheese or a pop hit that goes on about pickles, right? In fact, a lot of food-related songs seem to be parodies ("My Bologna" anyone?) because it's hard to take songs about food seriously.
So today it's time to get silly and sing about some tasty (and maybe some not-so tasty) treats.
1) Save Ferris - "Spam" It's pink and it's oval, but I sure wouldn't buy it at the mobile. Hubby wondered the other day if the company responsible for the infamous meat-in-a-can thought about suing over the song. My response was probably not. I mean, no one really takes Spam seriously... Probably not even the manufacturers themselves. So it's better to just embrace the goofiness of the song and be impressed that they found a decent rhyme for Chernobyl.
2) I Voted For Kodos - "Pastaroni" Maybe the only 'serious' food song on the list, "Pastaroni" will always have a special place in my heart, even if I don't believe I've ever actually eaten pastaroni...
3) Jimmy Buffett - "Cheeseburger In Paradise" Jimmy's appreciation for cheeseburgers is commendable. Sometimes it's the simple (and delicious) things in life that we take for granted. Heaven on Earth with an onion slice? Count me in, Mr. Buffett.
4) Aqua - "Lollipop (Candyman)" This one is probably the most loosely food-related song of the group, but I thought we needed something sugary to sweeten things up, and I just wasn't sure "Sugar, Sugar" was any more relevant.
5) The Aquabats - "Pizza Day" If you ever had to suffer through hot lunches as a kid, this song really hits home. It's as true as it is silly. The first thing I always did when the month's lunch calendar came out was check when pizza day was. It really was the best day of the week!!
And though it doesn't get credited as a song very often, "Yeah, Toast!" has to be one of the coolest food-based songs ever created. The man is playing a toaster, FCOL!