Yes, kids, there are officially 15 days left until Christmas Day. If you're anything like me, that both excites you and terrifies you. So much shopping, crafting, wrapping and baking to be done!
To avoid too much stress, what better way to relax than with some awesome seasonal movies? We'll go for 15 so you have one for each day left!
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - Love the muppets? I do. This movie is a must-see every season! I'm pretty sure Michael Caine was actually born to play Scrooge.
- John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together - Again, I love the muppets, AND I love John Denver. Why wouldn't I love this movie?
- A Muppet Family Christmas - I grew up watching this every year after my parents recorded it off TV and onto a Beta tape. Man, I wish I still had it... Quality stuff right here, kids.
- Christmas Eve on Sesame Street - I think this was on the same Beta tape. I LOVED this special growing up, and I'm pretty sure this movie is part of why I believed Santa was real for as long as I did.
- Miracle on 34th Street - If you're going to watch this movie, do yourself a favor and watch the original. I'm sure the remakes are fine, but the 1947 version is classic.
- The Santa Clause - I won't lie, this movie still makes me laugh. What can I say? Tim Allen just cracks me up.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas - Short and sweet, this is a true must-see. I love to try to catch it when it's on TV. I think it just feels more special when I know there are others out there enjoying it with me.
- A Claymation Christmas Celebration - If you haven't seen this, go find it and watch it this season. Claymation is one of the coolest things ever, and this special is hilarious (or, at least, I think it is)!
- A Garfield Christmas Special - Another childhood favorite, I just love the scene with Garfield climbing up the tree to put the top ornament on. Plus, how do you not love Odie?
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - It's not just for Halloween my dears! Tim Burton's masterpiece is great for Christmas, too!
- It's A Wonderful Life - If you can believe it, I never saw this movie until I was probably 13 years old. So for 13 years I missed out on a lovely movie that really captures the Christmas spirit.
- Home Alone - Don't look at me like that. You know you love it.
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas! - Not the blasphemous 2000 Jim Carrey version (no offense, Mr. Carrey), but the good old 1966 original cartoon.
- Holiday Inn - A true Christmas classic, this is a fantastic old movie well worth watching. Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire... What more do you need?
- A Christmas Story - Fa ra ra ra ra, ra-ra ra ra!!!
So there you have it - 15 fantastic films to get you through 'til Christmas! Enjoy! :-)
Did I miss your favorite Christmas movie? Or do you hate my list? Leave a comment and let me know!