Thursday, November 4, 2010

Phew!

So, we had quite the scare with our poor puppers yesterday.  We learned the hard way that she's allergic to the new flea/tick medicine we bought her.  It irritated her skin (which resulted in two baths last night) and made her puke about 6 or 7 times (which, according to the company, was because of the taste of the stuff...), but she's doing MUCH better now, and may someday forgive us for the baths.

Anywhoozles, some good did come out of last night as well!  Instead of our normal roasted/toasted pumpkin seeds (post-carving), this year I decided to make a modified Chex Mix with the leftover seeds!  I had made Chex Mix early last month for a party, so I had some leftover ingredients to use up.  Turned out pretty delicious, especially since I added 1.5-2 times the suggested amount of Worcestershire sauce (which, by the way, is one of the hardest words for me to pronounce for some reason) and added some garlic salt to the mix.

Essentially, I took this recipe and changed a few things:
*No mixed nuts.  This is a personal preference.  Instead, I used pumpkin seeds leftover after carving for Halloween.
*I only had a few bagel chips left, so instead, I added a cup or two of Cheerios.
*Used at LEAST 3 tbsp of Worcestershire...  2 was NOT enough last time, so this made for a bolder taste.
*Used a little over 2 tsp of seasoned salt (Lawry's, of course).
*Added garlic salt just before AND just after baking.

Now, I'm a big fan of garlic, as is my hubby, so that's obviously our preference.  I grew up with my mom randomly making garlic Cheerios, where she took some Cheerios, coated them in butter and garlic salt and baked them.  So simple, but SO good.  

Basically, this is a combination of Chex Mix, roasted pumpkin seeds and Mom's garlic Cheerios...  It's a match made in Garlic Heaven (which is where I hope to go when I die)!

No comments:

Post a Comment