Friday, November 2, 2012

Mmmmm... toasty

Nov 2 - I am thankful for...

Warmth.

My crazy hubby is going camping this weekend. Yep. You read that right. Camping. In November. In Wisconsin. (It was originally meant to be a 2-day backpacking excursion, but some unfortunate circumstances have shortened it to an overnight camping trip.)

The high temperature for the weekend where he's going is at most 40, and the lows are in the 20s. Brrrrrrrr! I've gone winter camping, and it's an interesting experience that I'm glad I participated in, but having done it once, I can say with certainty that I prefer camping in warmer weather.

So today, as I think about Hubby sleeping in the cold tomorrow night, I am thankful for warmth. I love the heat our furnace provides. I love snuggling up in blankets. I love the way a fire feels. I love grabbing laundry straight from the dryer. It's all just lovely. 

Note that I am not saying I am thankful for heat. In the summer, it sometimes gets so hot that it's hard to sleep. I don't really care for that (though it's still a bajillion times better than freezing my tits off). But warmth... that I love, and that I am thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment