Monday, November 5, 2012

Catching Up

Nov. 4 - Yesterday I was thankful for...

Indoor plumbing.

As it gets colder out, I find myself more and more thankful that I get to pee inside. I'm assuming the dog's cool with it (or at least has come to terms with it), but when I take her out and feel how cold it is, I am ever so grateful that I don't have to do any of my business out there with her.

Also, let's be honest. When you wake up at 6-something and REALLY have to piss, you already don't want to get out of bed to walk down the hall. Imagine if you had to go outside! Eff that.

Nov. 5 - Today I am thankful for...

Air conditioning. OK, that sounds weird, I know. First, let it be said that I am not currently running my a/c. When the high is in the 40s, I'm good with my heat, thank you. BUT, I would be missing a very important item if I left a/c out of this list. 

Apparently, I take after my dad in this respect. If I had my way, our a/c would probably be running from April through part of October, and the house would be a beautiful 70 during the day and probably about 63 or 64 at night (mama likes it cold so she can curl up with blankets). 

Ahhhh, if only. Our a/c doesn't really agree with me ("I see you've set me to 72... That means you want it to be 78, right?"), nor does our budget. It may not be perfect, but I still love our a/c and everything it does for us. Riki + heat + humidity = nothing good. But Riki + heat + humidity + a/c = lack of homicidal rage.

My dad always says he'd like to build a shrine to the guy who invented a/c (which, per Wikipedia, is this guy) and I can't say that I'm opposed to that idea. I could see worshiping him as the god of modern a/c, thanking him for keeping me from sticking to things (and myself) and praying to him when the unit is struggling to keep us cool. 

Hmmmm... Maybe next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment