Friday, April 15, 2011

100!

Ahhh, yes, dear readers.  T'is my 100th post.  I'm sure you're peeing your pants with excitement!  

Two weeks left of this dreadful semester, loves.  If I can survive it, I shouldn't have to take a lab science ever again.  Here's hoping!!

Anywhoozles, today is the Day of Silence.  This is something I participated in many times as a high school and college student, and though I no longer participate (I work from home...  the only conversations I have are with myself or my dog), it's still something I believe in.  It has become more and more important as bullying continues and escalates around the world.  

If you're a student and participating, kudos to you for having the balls/ovaries to stand up against intolerance!  And if you're not participating for whatever reason (school doesn't support it, not in school, etc), just remember that it's never too late to help make a difference.  Today isn't the only day you can take a stand!

I'm pretty busy today, so I'll leave you with just two songs to think about today:  

1) Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" The perfect anthem for the Day of Silence, IMO.  Lady Gaga may be a bit eccentric, but her heart sure seems to be in the right place.  You go, Gaga!  (Of course, I also have to share the link for the super-awesome 10-year-old who rocks this song on her keyboard... Too effing awesome.)  This song reminds us all that EVERYONE needs to be loved and respected, and that we should always be proud to be ourselves. 
2) Lily Allen - "F*ck You" The first time I heard this song, I fell in love.  I mean, I already loved Lily Allen, but I fell in love with the song.  It was a whirlwind romance, and while we're not as close as we once were (I no longer listen to it 3, 4, or 10 times a day), I still rock out to it sometimes and remember our affair fondly.  Anywhoozles, this song really just sticks it to the people who seem determined to remain ignorant and intolerant in a time when change is what we need most.

I'm glad my 100th post could be about something I a passionate about, and I hope you take a moment today to consider your own feelings and actions, and ask yourself what you can do to help fight intolerance. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment