Friday, February 11, 2011

Missing You

Oi darling, I'm a wanker!  Sorry I've been absent, my dears.  Work has been a bit crazy, and school certainly doesn't make life any LESS crazy.  But here I am!  Huzzah!

It's Friday, but I have mixed feelings about today.  My hubby is gone on a brief trip until tomorrow, so it's just me and the puppers (who, of course, is making me jealous by sleeping the day away).  Call me a sap, but even though he just left this morning, I miss him already!

As such, today I feel it's only right to listen to some love songs.  But not, like, super sappy ones.  I'll save those for a non-Friday.  I need something to make me smile, not cry!  :-)  

So without further ado...

1) Never Shout Never - "Can't Stand It"  This may actually be the definition of a silly love song.  Regardless, it definitely puts a smile on my face.  The whole thing is just goofy and wraps you up in good feelings.  Huzzah!
2) Locksley - "Darling, It's True"  I suppose this isn't necessarily a love song in the truest sense, but whatever.  This is my list.  Anywhoozles, this is a GREAT upbeat song for a long, lonely Friday.
3) Carole King - "I Feel The Earth Move"  If the earth moving under your feet isn't love, I don't know what is.  This is probably one of my favorite songs of all time, and while you might argue it's more about infatuation or lust, I say pfft!  If you can feel the ground quiver beneath you, it's gotta be love.  ;-)
4) Queen - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" I just can't get enough... of this freakin' song!  Yes, I am a Queen fanatic, so that might account for it...  Either way, love it.  LOVE it.
5) Katy Perry - "Firework"  Anyone who watched this week's Glee knows what I'm talking about.  If you haven't seen it...  Do it.  Now.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment