Oi darling, I'm a wanker! Sorry I've been absent, my dears. Work has been a bit crazy, and school certainly doesn't make life any LESS crazy. But here I am! Huzzah!
It's Friday, but I have mixed feelings about today. My hubby is gone on a brief trip until tomorrow, so it's just me and the puppers (who, of course, is making me jealous by sleeping the day away). Call me a sap, but even though he just left this morning, I miss him already!
As such, today I feel it's only right to listen to some love songs. But not, like, super sappy ones. I'll save those for a non-Friday. I need something to make me smile, not cry! :-)
So without further ado...
1) Never Shout Never - "Can't Stand It" This may actually be the definition of a silly love song. Regardless, it definitely puts a smile on my face. The whole thing is just goofy and wraps you up in good feelings. Huzzah!
2) Locksley - "Darling, It's True" I suppose this isn't necessarily a love song in the truest sense, but whatever. This is my list. Anywhoozles, this is a GREAT upbeat song for a long, lonely Friday.
3) Carole King - "I Feel The Earth Move" If the earth moving under your feet isn't love, I don't know what is. This is probably one of my favorite songs of all time, and while you might argue it's more about infatuation or lust, I say pfft! If you can feel the ground quiver beneath you, it's gotta be love. ;-)
4) Queen - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" I just can't get enough... of this freakin' song! Yes, I am a Queen fanatic, so that might account for it... Either way, love it. LOVE it.
5) Katy Perry - "Firework" Anyone who watched this week's Glee knows what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen it... Do it. Now.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend! :-D