Wednesday, January 11, 2012

wtf, 2012?

From what I can gather via Facebook (the source of all things in my life), a lot of people were really hoping 2012 was going to be a great year.  Personally, I didn't really have a bad 2011.  I got good grades in school.  Had my first anniversary with the hubs.  Had a house, a job, clothing, and food.  Things were pretty good.

But this year has started out with major suckage!  Well, maybe I'm exaggerating, but seriously?  This is lame.
  • I've already had a cold this year.  That knocked me down for 3 damn days.  Ugh.
  • Puppers had/has her extra butt hole (see previous post).
  • Hubby had to work from 9 AM until about 2 AM the other day.  He then had to wake up and go back to work at 9 AM and wound up staying until almost 8 PM.  
  • Also, Hubby thinks he's getting my cold, which is not cool.
  • Oh, and my classes are already getting the best of me!  Well, Forensic Science is, anyway.  Yikes, man.  Just yikes.
  • Bestie's cat is not doing so well, and they think her time is soon to come.  :-(
  • K's first week back teaching was, apparently, less than stellar and actually resulted in her singing karaoke.  Sober.  If you knew her, you'd be stunned.
  • Annnnd, I just found out that my dad fell down some stairs last Monday and cracked a rib in the process.  He had to take this week off of work (which he said wasn't the worst thing in the world), and he says it hurts to laugh (which he considers the worst part of the whole thing).
That's not to say 2012 is completely without hope.  Hubby got a raise (yay!) and in less than 2 months we'll be at the happiest place on Earth with my bestie and her hubs!!  WOOOO!!!  I also got invited to join Phi Kappa Phi (a national honor society with decently high standards), so that's pretty awesome, too!  

Let's just hope that the year starts producing more good than bad.  After all, if the world really does end in December, I'd rather have fun getting there, wouldn't you? 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. So far, 2012 ca suck it. Until March comes, I say it's still 2011.

    ReplyDelete