Thursday, December 15, 2011

What's My Motivation?

Well, my lovely readers, my semester ended last Friday night and I ended up with A's in both classes.  Huzzah!!  I do love knowing that all my effort pays off sometimes.  It keeps me motivated to keep working toward my degree, and I can't wait for the day I can say that I'm a college graduate.

Work, however, is an entirely different story.  I feel no motivation whatsoever to get anything accomplished.  My salary is a joke.  My job is mundane at best and a nightmare at worst.  The only positive things I can say about my job are that a) I have one and b) I get to work from home in my pjs.  For the longest time, I thought the perks of working from home kinda evened things out, but these days, I'm less and less sure that's true.  

So how do I get motivated to do work that I'm completely uninspired to do?  I've tried tricking myself into it ("C'mon, Erika!  It's totally worth the paycheck you get!").  I've tried working hard in hopes that it'll pay off (it doesn't).  I've tried slacking, but then I just get bored and restless.  

The obvious answer would be to find a new job, but it's not that easy for me.  And please, spare me the "You're the only thing standing in your way," speech.  I'm already aware.  

Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment