Friday, October 21, 2011

This is Halloween...

OK, so the Brewers aren't in the World Series.  Sad, but, I'm still happy and proud of them for taking it as far as they did.  Too bad we'll likely never see Prince Fielder in a Brewers jersey again, but, it happens.

Anywhoozles, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Halloween is my favorite freakin' holiday.  I love Fall.  I love candy.  I love dressing up.  So what's not to love?

Last year on Facebook, I posted my favorite non-scary Halloween movies.  Here's the list:
The Nightmare Before Christmas (also good for Christmastime!)
Corpse Bride
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (I guess this depends on your definition of 'scary' ^_^)
Repo! The Genetic Opera  (OK, this one's a bit gory, but definitely not a horror movie or anything)
Hocus Pocus
It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
Edward Scissorhands
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, the MOVIE...  Epic.)
Labyrinth
So I Married An Axe Murderer
Young Frankenstein
Donnie Darko (again - depends on what you find scary)
Clue (Really, this movie works ANY time of year)
Beetlejuice
Casper (Yes, I know I'm 27.  I don't care.)
The Addams Family

I know there are TONS of others.  Really, any Tim Burton movie works this time of year (especially 'Frankenweenie').  There are movies like 'Coraline' (no, it wasn't a Tim Burton movie, look it up) and 'Ghostbusters' that you could totally watch, too.  Lists like this one include flicks like 'Practical Magic' and 'Idle Hands' as viable choices.  The Harry Potter movies certainly have a halloweeny feel to them, too.  And, of course, Disney has a plethora of made-for-television or straight-to-DVD Halloween movies to choose from (I won't lie, I've watched 'Halloweentown' a few times...).

Everyone has special things that make their favorite holidays special to them.  Mine is watching my favorite non-scary Halloween movies, and I plan to start this weekend.  
Are there any awesome (but not terrifying) Halloween movies I've missed that are on your must-watch list?  Let me know and I'll try to check them out! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment